Admiralty chart. "Surveyed by Staff Commander J.H. Kerr, R.N. 1875-6. Assisted by Staff Commander G. Robinson and Navg Lieutt. C.H.C. Langdon, R.N. Silloth & Powfoot Channels by Staff Commr. W.E. Archdeacon, R.N. 1890." "The topography is taken chiefly from the Ordnance Survey."
"Small corrections 1933. 233-334". "London. Published at the Admiralty, 28th. Decr. 1877; under the Superintendence of Captain F.J. Evans, R.N: C.B: F.R.S: Hydrographer. Sold by J.D. Potter, Agent for the sale of the Admiralty Charts, 145 Minories." "New editions Jan. 1881, Feby. 1890. Septr. 1890. 19th. Decr. 1929. Large corrections 25th. Sept. 1931." Includes insets: Whitehaven / surveyed by Commr. H.M. Denham F.R.S. & Mr. A. Middleton, 1844 with corrections to 1887; and, Workington, from a plan supplied by the Harbour & Dock Board, 1931, with additions from the Ordnance Survey. Also includes 2 views: St. Bees Head from the Southward (red sandstone); and, View A. Great Aird Hill, Little Aird Hill, Balcary Pt. In lower right corner, "1346".
Acquired as part of the Banks Collection.