Printed map. "Geometrically survey’d by the royal engineers, while it remained in the possession of the French during the last war, and digested by L.S. de la Rochette. MDCCLXXX. London, engraved and published by William Faden, Charing Cross as the Act directs Jany. 1st. 1780". 3 visual scales [12 cm = English Statute Miles]. Map shows “Meridian of St. Philp’s Castle 15M. 35s of time E of London, as it has been Observed by the French.” and “Parallel of St. Philip’s Castle 39D. 50M. 46s as it has been Observed by the French.” The castle is located where these 2 lines intersect
Map includes: Explanation of some Minorcan names; references.