Printed map. 2 visual scales. Insets: "A sketch of the relative situation of the townships applied for by sundry persons, and for which warrants of survey issued thereon in the years 1792 and 1793, on the north side of the River Ottawa, beyond where any surveys have hitherto been made." and "A diagram shewing the mode adopted by the governor & council for placing the reservations to be made in each township for the future disposition of the crown and the support of a protestant clergy within this province."
Printed sheet with 2 small maps and 4 profile views. "T. Bowen & J. Gibson sculp". Visual scale [50 mm=1 mile]. North arrow is oriented to the right on both maps. Full title of the second map: A chart of the S.E. part of Terra del Fuego including Strait Le Maire and part of Staten-Land by Lieutenant J. Cook 1769. Views have titles: A view of part of the N.E. side of Terra del Fuego taken from the Point A. in the chart; A view of Strait Le Maire with part of Terra del Fuego and Staten Land taken from the Point B. in the chart; A view of part of the S.W. side of Terra del Fuego taken from the Point C. in the chart; and, A view of part of the coast of Terra del Fuego from Cape Horn to Isle Evouts, taken from the Point D. in the chart. McMaster has another copy; see RMC_107212. Acquired as part of the Banks Collection.
Printed sheet with 2 small maps and 4 profile views. "T. Bowen & J. Gibson sculp". Visual scale [50 mm=1 mile]. North arrow is oriented to the right on both maps. Full title of the second map: A chart of the S.E. part of Terra del Fuego including Strait Le Maire and part of Staten-Land by Lieutenant J. Cook 1769.
Views have titles: A view of part of the N.E. side of Terra del Fuego taken from the Point A. in the chart; A view of Strait Le Maire with part of Terra del Fuego and Staten Land taken from the Point B. in the chart; A view of part of the S.W. side of Terra del Fuego taken from the Point C. in the chart; and, A view of part of the coast of Terra del Fuego from Cape Horn to Isle Evouts, taken from the Point D. in the chart. McMaster has another copy; see RMC_107251. Acquired as part of the Banks Collection.
Printed map. Visual scale [26 mm = 25 British miles]. In upper margin, "For the Lond. Magazine". Originally from The London Magazine, v. 27. Described in P.L. Phillips, A List of Maps of America in the Library of Congress, p. 290: "[In London (The) magazine. 1758. 8°. London, R. Baldwin, 1758. v. 27. p. 552]." Acquired as part of the Hodsoll Collection.
"Surveyed, drawn, and published by T. Richards, Totnes, Devon. Octr. 25th 1810. Engraved by John Cooke, London. late Engr. to the Admiralty." Shows building lots as shaded areas. Cartouche in oval of oak leaves, and above is a coat of arms with motto: In se teres. Described in City of Plymouth Archives and Records Newsletter, July 2000, Issue Four: “Ongoing re-cataloguing of the St Aubyn papers will allow searchers to identify the streets recorded in the rentals for Dock Town, Stoke and Morice Town areas. The rentals also record payments by the manor office. One entry (Accession 853-28 page 24) refers to the purchase for 7/6d of Cooke's map of Plymouth. Though the description better fits his 1820 map, this almost certainly refers to Cooke's then new 1827 map. John Cooke was surveying in Plymouth before 1810, when he produced a survey of the Dock Town area for the St Aubyn Estate. The extract shown from this map records little streets crowded around the dockyard wall such as Gills Court, Doidges' Lane and Francis Alley. All these and others are now identifiable on the computerised catalogue in our searchroom. The St Aubyn family papers at the record office run to many hundreds of volumes and plans allowing a fine insight into the development of Devonport, Stoke and Morice Town. Accessions include 153, 387, 853 & 861. The new information is on the public terminal at the record office.”
Printed map. Two columns of text under the heading, "An Explanation of the several forts on the line of communication", which provides an index to numbered locations on the map. Watermark with "1808" in the left margin. Likely from A New and Universal History, Description and Survey of the Cities of London and Westminster, the Borough of Southwark, and their Adjacent Parts / by Walter Harrison, Esq., London: Printed for J. Cooke, edition unconfirmed. Acquired as part of the Hodsoll Collection.
Printed map. "Shewing the situation of the great streets, St. Pauls Cathedral, the Exchange, Guildhall, the Custom House, & other public offices." Visual scale [79 mm=880 yards or 1/2 mile]. Watermark with "1808" in the left margin. Probably from: London; being an Accurate History and Description of the British Metropolis and its Neighbourhood... by David Hughson, volume 1 (plate following p. 244), London: Printed by W. Stratford ... for J. Stratford, edition uncertain. McMaster has a 1748 version of this map; see RMC_107677. Acquired as part of the Hodsoll Collection.
Printed map. "Published according to act of Parliament Janry. 15 1760 by Thos. Jefferys at Charing Cross." The north arrow is oriented to the upper right. Visual scale in British yards. Shows the "St. Laurence or the Great River called by the Indians Hoshelaga or Canada River". Described in Catalogue of the National Map Collection, Public Archives of Canada, B/340-Quebec-1760, Volume 3, p. 441: "Location or Source: Jefferys, Thomas, The Natural and Civil History of the French Dominions in North and South America... Part I... London, Printed for Thomas Jefferys at Charing Cross, MDCCLX, page 5."
Printed map. Reproduction of 1720 original with title, "A new map of London most humbly inscrib'd to the Rt. Worshipfull Sr. Peter Delme Kt. & Aldermn. of London, 1720. Revised by Ion. Senex". Along the map's lower neat line, "S. Parker Delin. et Sculpt." In lower margin, "E. Weller, Litho Red Lion Square" and "Published with part 68 of Cassell's Old & New London." Visual scale [65 mm="half a mile"]. Originally published in Walter Thornbury, Old and New London. (London: Cassel, Petter & Galpin, [1890?]). Acquired as part of the Hodsoll Collection.
Printed map. "Published by Thos. Jefferys, Geographer to the Prince of Wales at Charing Cross, Octobr: 9. 1758." The map on the left pertains to the siege of 1745; whereas the map on the right pertains to the seige of 1758. The map on the left has visual scale [85 mm=1,000 feet] and includes text, "Explanation" or numbered index, and "The Profile" illustration with index. The map on the right has visual scale [151 mm=2 miles] and includes text, inset "A map of Gabarus Bay, adjoyning to Louisburg", and "References to the Siege in 1758."
Manuscript map. "By General Parslow's permission, wherein the greatest exactness has been observed to reduce the irregularity of the surface to a true horizontal plain". "A scale of feet of which 5280 makes a statute mile". Extensive handwritten "References" list represented by letters or letter combinations on the map; some content pertains to battle defense mechanisms.
Printed map. In lower right margin, "JWalker Sculpt". Visual scale [2 inches=3/4 mile]. Includes "References" indicating corps of detachments, 49th Regiment, 89th Regiment, Christlers Farm, American infantry, American cavalry, American gun boats, and British gun boats. Described in Winearls, Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1867, entry 461, p. 131: "In Joseph Bouchette, Topographical Description of the Province of Lower Canada (London: W. Faden 1815), opp 638 (Bib Can 1031), and in the French ed, Description topographique de la province du Bas Canada (Londres: W. Faden, 1815), opp 661 (Bib Can 1030); shows the positions of the troops on both sides, fields, houses, relief, road."
Printed map. "Geometrically survey’d by the royal engineers, while it remained in the possession of the French during the last war, and digested by L.S. de la Rochette. MDCCLXXX. London, engraved and published by William Faden, Charing Cross as the Act directs Jany. 1st. 1780". 3 visual scales [12 cm = English Statute Miles]. Map shows “Meridian of St. Philp’s Castle 15M. 35s of time E of London, as it has been Observed by the French.” and “Parallel of St. Philip’s Castle 39D. 50M. 46s as it has been Observed by the French.” The castle is located where these 2 lines intersect
Map includes: Explanation of some Minorcan names; references.