Plan of the survey of part of lot no 46 in the 2nd Concession of the Township of Ancaster
"Scale 3 chains to an Inch". The map is numbered “No 57, Drawer 1” on left edge. There is a directional arrow on right side of map pointing down, indicating that north is towards the bottom. The bottom right hand corner of the map features a date and a signature by the surveyor: "Ths. Allen Blyth, D.P.S., Hamilton, October 24th 1842." The map is in the vicinity of the Ancaster Old Mill. The “Road from Ancaster to Dundas” [now Old Dundas Road] is shown on the map in two separate sections, the second section referred to as “Public Road”. The “2nd Concession Road” running east-west is no longer in existence today but may have been a continuation of Lower Lions Club Road. There is a “Mill” and a “Mill House” drawn at the base of the escarpment. The Ancaster Creek is shown winding through the survey with the section at Sherman Falls featured.