Survey in the City of Hamilton, the property of R.J. Hamilton Esqre"
"T.A. Blyth P.L.S." "Scale = 50 feet to One Inch." Shows John Street and "macadamized road" next to a 4-acre lot with "dwelling house". Seven additional lots are delineated with measurements. North arrow is pointing down. According to Hamilton Street Names, edited by Margaret Houghton, "John Street is one of the oldest streets in Hamilton. Previously known as Mountain Road or Ancaster Road, it is one of the original native pathways in the area In 1837, the police commission officially named it John Street - a name originally chosen by George Hamilton, apparently in honour of a family of early settlers" (p. 62). The property owner, R.J. Hamilton, "was the son of George Hamilton, the man for whom Hamilton was named" (Dictionary of Hamilton Biography, vol. 1, p. 94). "No 122 Drawer 4" is handwritten along the lower left edge.