Sketch of acre lots in the Township of Barton, adjoining the City of Hamilton
Manuscript map. "Thos. Allen Blyth P.L.S. Hamilton June 3rd, 1853". "Scale 132 Feet to one Inch". "To R. J. Hamilton Esqr". North is oriented down. Map shows 40 numbered lots bounded by "Fourth Conn. Road, and south limits of the City of Hamilton" [currently Concession Street] and extending south beyond a "public highway" [currently Inverness Avenue East]. The map extends beyond Melville Street in the west [currently Belvidere Avenue] and beyond the "original road allowance between lots 12 and 13" [currently Upper Wellington Street] in the east. The acre lots are adjacent to some estates or properties of prominent Hamilton landowners. Along the map's left edge, "No 66 Drawer 2". Handwritten on verso, "E & J F Moore's".