Copy of plan of survey of lots nos. 5 and 6 in 2nd. Conn. of Flamboro West being part of the late Honble. Jas. Crooks Estate
Manuscript map. Cartographer unknown. North arrow oriented to the right. "Scale 5 ch[ain]s to an Inch". Map shows part of the Crooks Estate, bounded by Brock Road in the east and Second Concession [currently Highway 8] in the south. The map shows the locations of dwellings, a grist mill, oil mill, distillery, tannery, paper mill, and woolen factory along [Spencer] Creek in addition to a homestead and stable closer to Second Concession along a crescent road connecting Second Concession and Brock Road. The map identifies two additional areas as "64 acres" and "37 acres". Handwritten near the centre right of the map, "No.IV, No.V, No.VI". In the top left corner, "No 7, Drawer No 1". Today this area is known as Crooks Hollow, named for the Honourable James Crooks who died in 1860 (Dictionary of Canadian Biography (Online) www.biographi.ca/en).