Plan of that part of the City of the Falls laid out by Peter Carroll in 1856
Manuscript map. Cartographer uncertain. Scale "100 ft=one inch". Shows 51 numbered lots extending west from the Niagara River around Robinson Street to Clark Street [currently Clark Avenue] and the McAdamized (asphalt) road to the bridge. A portion of "Zimmermans Gardens" appears in the north and in the south, below the numbered lots, "G.W. Allan" is handwritten. It is possible the land could have been property inherited by lawyer and politiician, George William Allan (1822-1901), from his father, William Allan (1770-1853). William Allan originally settled in the Niagara area before moving to York (Toronto) and, among his many achievements, was known as a major landowner (Dictionary of Canadian Biography, www.biographi.ca/en/bio.php?id_nbr=3743). Noted within a circle near the lower left corner, "164".