Manuscript map. Cartographer unknown. 1 visual scale [135 mm = 500 Toises]. The map includes an extensive legend identifying key buildings within the city as well as features of the fortifications. A Robert Clifford ownership label is affixed to the verso. Acquired by McMaster University in 1969 as part of the Lord Cholmondeley Collection.
Manuscript map. Cartographer unknown. 1 visual scale [85 mm = 150 toises]. The map contains two legends, one for features inside the city and one for features outside. A watermark is present in the large, blank, bottom margin of the map that reads, "Whatman 1794" accompanied by a stylized letter "W" surmounted by a shield and a fleur-de-lis. Whatman was a famous British papermaker of high quality stock. A Robert Clifford ownership label is affixed to the verso. Acquired by McMaster University in 1969 as part of the Lord Cholmondeley Collection.
"Par son tres humble et tres obeissant, tres fidel sujet et serviteur, Bernard Jaillot Geographe Ordre. de Sa Majesté". "Gravé par Sr. Coquart." Visual scale [133 mm=1000 toises]. Map shows roads, hills, fields, forests, rivers, lakes, villages/towns and the fortifications and buildings around the city of Luxembourg. Forges and lime kilns are shown on the map. Another copy in library, see Accession # 9434. Acquired as part of the Cholmondeley Collection.
Printed map. Cartographer uncertain. Visual scale [133 mm = 1000 toises]. Map shows fields, forest, roads, river, ponds, towns, fortifications, streets, and buildings around the city of Luxembourg. Acquired as part of the Lord Cholmondely Collection.
Manuscript map. Cartographer unknown. Visual scale [117 mm=80 toises]. Shows fortifications in Saint-Vith which was once part of the Duchy of Luxembourg. According to The Columbia Gazetteer of the World (Online), after the revolt against William I, "in 1839, Luxembourg was divided, the W half going to Belgium, and the E part retaining its status as a grand duchy ruled from The Netherlands" (Luxembourg entry; viewed August 28, 2017). Stains across the sheet's upper edge have made some handwritten notes illegible. Includes 2 cross sections: "Rez de chaussee pour les courtinnes" and "Rez de chaussee pour les bastions". Alternate title with date handwritten on verso.
Manuscript map. Cartographer unknown. Scale not given. Map shows fortifications, rivers, roads, buildings, position of the army units, and elevation. Luxembourg was occupied by François, chevalier de Créquy in 1684 (Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th edition, 2001). On verso: a Robert Clifford bookplate. Acquired as part of the Lord Cholmondeley Collection.