This is a digitized image of a printed paper map of the Brantford, Ontario region (Sheet No. 040P01), published in 1934. It is the forth edition in a series of maps, which show both natural and man-made features such as relief, spot heights, administrative boundaries, roads, railways, trails, waterways, bridges, buildings, mills, power lines, terrain, and land formations. The survey for this map was conducted in 1908, as part of a national topographical survey originally commissioned by Department of Militia and Defence in 1904. Surveys for Ontario were completed by one of two Canadian Government Agencies: the Survey Division of the Department of Militia and Defence (after 1923: the Geographical Section, General Staff, Department of National Defence) and the Geological Survey in the Department of Mines (after 1935: the Mapping Branch of the Department of Energy, Mines and Resources). Original maps were digitally scanned and georeferenced as part of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) Historical Topographic Map Digitization Project.
Downloads available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License
The following files are provided to georeference the original image using QGIS software. More information may be found in the readme file below.